TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions for goods and services supplied to you, including the use of www.sozai.co.uk (“our website”), cookery classes and events operated by Sozai Cooking School (“us” “we” “our”). Services include but are not limited to general cooking courses and classes, private cooking classes, catering and event booking. Goods include but not limited to gift vouchers and any products we sell in our website.
Please read and ensure you and any participants for a class or event are aware of these Terms & Conditions before requesting our goods and services as they set out your rights and the conditions on which we make those goods and services available to you. By requesting or using our goods and services, or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
COOKERY CLASSES, CATERING AND EVENTS
By booking a cookery classes and events with us, you agree that:
- For in-person classes:
2.1. You will arrive at least 10 minutes ahead of the scheduled start time of your class, whether this be arriving in person for an in-person cooking class or connecting online for an online cooking class.
2.2. You will not attend if you have been unwell within the 48 hours before your class. This is to protect other participants and staff as illnesses can be spread through food. Please note that our cancellation and rescheduling policy (below) will still apply if you are unwell as per those terms and conditions below, therefore, we suggest that you send someone in your place (as explained at paragraph 10 below).
2.3. You may be refused admission or asked to leave a class if we suspect that you are under the influence of alcohol or an illicit substance, are unwell or are engaging in inappropriate behaviour. No refunds or rescheduling will be offered in those circumstances.
2.4. You will follow all our hygiene and safety instructions and procedures. You acknowledge, however, that whilst we will suggest health and safety measures, it is impossible for us to safeguard your health and safety at all times. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for your own health and safety and that there is an element of risk inherent in participating in a cookery class.
2.5. Only paying guests are permitted to be in the cookery school premises whilst classes are in progress or are permitted to view and/or hear online cooking classes.
- For online classes:
3.1. If you book an online cooking class, we will send an ingredients list, equipment list and preparation guidelines to the email address you provide at the time of booking. It is your responsibility to pay for and ensure you have the ingredients and equipment required to participate in the online cooking class. We are not liable to provide any refunds, exchanges, reschedule an online class, pay for the cost of ingredients or equipment, or liable in any other way to you if you are unable to fulfil those requirements.
3.2. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the technical capability (such as software and internet speed) to attend the class you booked. We are not liable to provide any refunds, exchanges, reschedule an online class, provide technical support, or liable in any other way to you if you are unable to attend or participate fully in an online cookery class due to any technical issues.
3.3. You alone are responsible to ensure ingredients you purchase before an online cooking class are suitable for your own health needs, and safely transported, stored and (if applicable) prepared.
- You will indemnify and hold us and our employees harmless from all claims, damages, liabilities and causes of action which may arise as a result of:
4.1. your preparation, storage, re-heating and consumption of food after your class;
4.2. any loss of personal property whilst on our premises;
4.3. any injuries or damages you sustain or, or that your guest or anyone affiliated with or connected with you, may sustain in connection with or resulting directly or indirectly from your or your guest’s, or affiliated or connected person’s, involvement in our cooking classes.
- Our liability to you shall not exceed the total price charged for any classes you have paid for.
- Bookings, rescheduling and cancellations
7.1. For scheduled and private cookery classes:
7.1.1. full payment is required to confirm a booking.
7.1.2. If you need to cancel or reschedule a booking you must contact us by emailing to email@example.com at least 7 days before the date of your class and you will be given a full refund for the cooking class. We are sorry that we will be unable to refund or reschedule a cookery class with less than 7 days’ notice.
7.1.3. The first rescheduling is free, however the subsequent rescheduling will be subject to £25 administration fee per class per attendee.
7.1.4. If you are unable to attend the class with less than 7 days’ notice, you may transfer the booking to another person. Please provide the name, email address, mobile number at least 24 hours before the class. Please note that we may not be able to cater for any dietary requirements.
7.2. For events:
7.2.1. A deposit of 50% of the full price of the class is required to confirm a booking. A full payment is required 14 days before the scheduled class/event.
7.2.2. If you need to reschedule a booking you must contact us by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
18.104.22.168. If you give us 14 days or more notice prior to the date of the class/event booked, we will reschedule the event at no additional cost, subject to availability.
22.214.171.124. If you give us less than 14 days’ notice, an administration charge £80 will apply.
7.2.3. A minimum charge and number of participants applies to all bookings for an event, and you will be charged the minimum charge even if the number of people you have falls below the minimum group size. The minimum charge and number of participants vary depends on the event booked and you will be advised about this minimum charge amount at the time of booking.
7.2.4. If you reduce the number of participants - subject to the minimum charge amount mentioned above which must be paid and cannot be refunded - our refund policy is as follows:
126.96.36.199. If you give us 14 days or more notice prior to the date of the event booked, we will refund 100% of the amount you paid for participants that are no longer attending.
188.8.131.52. If you give us less than 14 days’ notice and at least 72 hour’s notice, we will refund 50% of the amount you paid for the participants that are no longer attending.
184.108.40.206. If you give us less than 72 hour’s notice we are unfortunately unable to offer any refunds.
7.2.5. In the event that you cancel your booking in full, our refund policy is as follows:
220.127.116.11. If you give us 14 days or more notice prior to the booking date, we will refund 100% of your payment.
18.104.22.168. If you give us less than 14 days’ notice and at least 7 or more days’ notice prior to the booking time, we will refund 50% of your payment.
22.214.171.124. If you give us less than 7 days’ notice we are unable to offer any refunds.
7.2.6. You may request to increase the number of participants by contacting us by email or phone at least 7 days’ prior to the class/event date, in which case we will do our best to accommodate you, however any increase to the class size is entirely at our discretion. In the event that we agree to increase the number of participants, you must pay the additional cost per participant immediately.
7.2.7. Final numbers and dietary requirements for your class must be confirmed no later than 7 days prior to the start time of the class/event in order to give us enough time to pre-order the necessary ingredients, staff and planning.
7.3. If a class/event is cancelled due to any circumstances beyond our reasonable control (e.g. adverse weather conditions, travel disruption, illnesses) we will try to agree with you a suitable date to reschedule the class/event. We are not liable for any failure to provide a room, service or facility due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. The refund terms are designed to compensate for venue, staff and ingredient costs incurred or committed to in advance of the date of a confirmed booking.
- No allowance or refund will be made for food, beverages, supplies or services that are not used or consumed at the class/event.
- If you have an invoice query, you must notify us within 7 days of the invoice date. You are not entitled to withhold payment of any undisputed part of the charges in connection with any dispute or query.
Food Allergy and policy
- Ingredients may contain or have been manufactured/prepared on shared equipment with wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts, fish, soya and shellfish and other allergens.
- You must inform us of any dietary requirements and allergies that you and any other participants have at the time of booking and confirm those when you arrive for your cookery class/event. Where a person attends in replacement of another person, you must notify us in advance.
- We will try our best to provide you with a work area that does not have the ingredients you are allergic to, however, whether you attend an in-person class or online class, you are ultimately also responsible for avoiding allergens and ensuring your guests avoid allergens.
- You alone are responsible, and we accept no responsibility, for ensuring that allergy and dietary requirements are looked after for anyone who consumes any food you take home from a cookery class.
- The gift voucher will expire 24 months from the date of purchase. Please keep your receipt as proof of purchase in case of any queries. We cannot accept responsibility for lost or stolen voucher codes.
- The gift voucher is only valid for Sozai Cooking School.
- The gift voucher cannot be exchanged for cash.
- If the class and any products purchased totals less than the value of the gift voucher amount, any balance will remain on the gift voucher and can be redeemed on our cookery classes and/or associated products. We cannot provide change for partly redeemed vouchers in the form of currency or credit or debit cards.
- To redeem a voucher, please book a class of your choice online and insert a voucher code in a designated slot provided. If you wish to redeem a voucher for other services, please contact email@example.com.
- You may cancel a voucher within 14 days of purchasing it by contacting us (see ‘Contact us’ below) in accordance with your statutory rights. Provided you have contacted us within 14 days of purchasing your voucher, we will refund you the value of the voucher that has not yet been used to book a class and, if you have used some or all of the voucher to book a class, we may only refund you for the value of that booked class as per our above mentioned cancellation terms. The refund will be paid to your original payment method within 14 days after you inform us of that cancellation.
- We will comply with all applicable health and safety legislation and appropriate UK Government guidance in relation to COVID-19.
- Deny admission to anyone displaying a temperature over 38°C/100°F.
- We cannot be held responsible for acts of individuals or participants in conflict with current Government guidelines.
- We shall not be held liable for any potential spread of Covid19 on the premises during classes or otherwise.
Should you need to contact us, if you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions:
Contact us via our Website www.sozai.co.uk
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated 19th April 2023