Make fresh soy milk and tofu from dry soybeans following the authentic Japanese method. Amenable, versatile and light enough to pair with a variety of ingredients and seasoning. Homemade tofu is the most elegant and delicate of flavours, yet it matches happily with bolder characters like ginger, garlic, and chilli too.
During this interactive cook-along class you will learn how to make;
* Fresh soy milk from scratch
* Japanese style fresh tofu
* Soybean pulp mochi
【YOUR SHOPPING LIST】
Please make sure to prepare the below prior to the lesson. The full shopping list, recipes, and pre class instruction will be sent to you prior to the class. The dried soybeans will also need to washed and soaked in water in the morning of the lesson.
200g dried soy beans
8g food grade epsom salt
100g potato starch (or katakuriko)
60ml soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
2 sheets of nori seaweed
【KITCHEN EQUIPMENT WE'LL BE USING】
• Large pot 5L+
• Large bowl + medium bowl
• Wooden spatula + Silicon spatula
• Food processor or blender
• Large sieve + Small to medium sieve
• Small glass + teaspoon
• White tea towel
Useful but not essential
• Waterproof/heat resistant kitchen/oven glove
• Kitchen thermometer
* Up to two household members can join with each purchased ticket.
* Detailed ingredients, equipment list, and Zoom link will be emailed to participants after booking is confirmed
Please let us know of any requests and queries in the form.